top of page
Wedge belts have been the result of a continuous thrust by the manufacturers and users on higher power transmissions with reduced space requirements. Wedge belts can transmit higher power to the extent of 1.5 to 2 times the classical belts with the same top width. This has been achieved by dimensional changes, apart from better cord construction used and the optimum placement of the cord line, which provides the best support to the cord while in motion. During manufacturing PIX pre-stretch the cord before building into the belt. It offers lower stretch properties in the drive. This way we are able to reduce minimum installation and take up allowances significantly. For the efficient performance of wedge drive it is essential that the proper tension be maintained in the drive, failure to maintain the same will render the purpose of the wedge belts ineffective.
- Top width to height ratio is 1.2:1
- Temperature range: -18°C to +80°C
- Maximum recommended belt speed is 30m/sec*
- Permissible flex rate f=100 per second
- Less deformation of the belt cross-section when in contact with the pulleys ensures better contact between the belt flanks and the pulley grooves
- Antistatic, oil and Heat Resistant
* For belt speed more than 30m/s, pulleys must be dynamically balanced
Wedge belts are used primarily on all new drives because of space savings achieved by using these belts. These belts find their extensive use in all industrial applications from light duty drives as those for pumps to heavily loaded stone crusher drives. In wedge belt drives, single belts can be replaced by banded belts without changing the pulley configuration.
PIX manufacturer the entire range of Wedge Belts. The nominal length designation for Wedge Belts is designated as pitch length in millimetres.
bottom of page